Reminder Secure

Biomechanical prostheticts

09 June 2009 07:18
Geneva_Dale
Model

Where would i start looking for such things? I've been wanting to style a bio shoot for ages now but can't seem to find the parts i need.

Think Terminator, borg kinda stuff.

Cheers!
POWERED BY REDBULL

Stylesomega is off-line
09 June 2009 07:21
STYLESOMEGA
Photographer
STYLESOMEGA
Glasgow

I have been molding them in latex and then spraying then gun metal grey.

09 June 2009 16:43
Geneva_Dale
Model

I've tried making my own before but they never turn out the way i want!
POWERED BY REDBULL

Mark Adams is off-line
09 June 2009 16:46
reddragon
Photographer
reddragon
Surrey
sutton

i use photoshop and add them in after
draw on the model roughly were ther to go

09 June 2009 17:02
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

Most of the ready made stuff, ie of the shelf is dire so most people will make their own .

I am doing two cyber bodypaints on Saturday so am making the prosthetics myself for that all though not using to many bits and pieces.

Pm or post a list here of the type of thing you are looking for and I will see if I can help or at least point you in the right direction emoticon

John

Stacy MUA is off-line
09 June 2009 17:14
shartley999
Make-up Artist
shartley999
Lancashire
Burnley

Hi,
It depends how far you want to go with it.
I did Terminator for a competition a few weeks ago and had the same problem trying to source materials.  I ended up having to make a face cast to produce the prosthetic skin and added a mixture of metal shimming, latex and pieces of moulded plastic sprayed to get the right effect.  The easiest bit was probably wiring up the red led eye! 
It was a lot of hard work but worth it in the end as it did look good, even if I do say so myselfemoticon.
Alternatively photoshop sounds good,
Stacy 

09 June 2009 17:27
Geneva_Dale
Model

Im hoping to get some poor model to appear as if he/she is broken with a gaping hole, wires and metal spilling out of it. Parts of the flesh having wires coming out. That kind of thing.

Another i have planned is roboerotic so the whole of them would need to look as metal and robotic as possible.

Think im gonna be best off hiring one of yous for these. Really bitten off more than i can chew!