Reminder Secure

Does anyone else.............

07 June 2009 11:54
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Get really fed up of sitting at the PC answering endless emails from people claiming they absolutely LOVE your work and simply HAVE to work with you, knowing that when you pm them your rates......tumbleweed. Its happened to me 6 times in just the last two days. It gets very disheartening as its really lovely to hear such nice compliments on your work but its a double edged sword because you just know that its leading to nowhere because as soon as you mention payment they are gone ....like the wind.....

Im fed up!!! In fact im going to type out a message, save it in word...and copy and paste!!!!!!!emoticon

07 June 2009 11:58
tiggerdrew
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Quote from Secondskin
Get really fed up of sitting at the PC answering endless emails from people claiming they absolutely LOVE your work and simply HAVE to work with you, knowing that when you pm them your rates......tumbleweed. Its happened to me 6 times in just the last two days. It gets very disheartening as its really lovely to hear such nice compliments on your work but its a double edged sword because you just know that its leading to nowhere because as soon as you mention payment they are gone ....like the wind.....

Im fed up!!! In fact im going to type out a message, save it in word...and copy and paste!!!!!!!emoticon

You do good work, why not put your rates on your profile page, there can be no misunderstanding then.

Just a thought,

Regards,

Steve...

... back in the U.K. ...

Duane is off-line
07 June 2009 12:06
duane
Model
duane
Staffordshire
stoke-on-trent

Quote from Secondskin

moan moan moan... nag nag nag... lol   emoticon

the trouble is people dont see the need to pay for the services of an MUA if they are giving their time for free, but what they dont realise it that as we just sit or stand around you guys are working your arse off and using your equipment that costs alot to replace! make-up isnt cheap. paint isnt cheap and if you are doing a complete bodypaint then you are gonna be using alot of consumable things.

it bugs me too matey!!
Despite of my rage i am still just a rat in a cage.

07 June 2009 18:41
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from duane
moan moan moan... nag nag nag... lol   emoticon

the trouble is people dont see the need to pay for the services of an MUA if they are giving their time for free, but what they dont realise it that as we just sit or stand around you guys are working your arse off and using your equipment that costs alot to replace! make-up isnt cheap. paint isnt cheap and if you are doing a complete bodypaint then you are gonna be using alot of consumable things.

it bugs me too matey!!

Ha ha ha..... Well, ya gotta have a good moan now and again aintya???? lol emoticon Just seen the private viewing of the film iv just worked on and its ACE so thats cheered me up...lol...no more moaning now!!!!! Well.....at least until tomorrow..lol

Jesfish is off-line
07 June 2009 18:56
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

"Tumble weed"  Haha!  Yes, I'm a MUA and I get the same thing...V annoying!

Duane is off-line
07 June 2009 19:17
duane
Model
duane
Staffordshire
stoke-on-trent

Quote from Secondskin
Ha ha ha..... Well, ya gotta have a good moan now and again aintya???? lol emoticon Just seen the private viewing of the film iv just worked on and its ACE so thats cheered me up...lol...no more moaning now!!!!! Well.....at least until tomorrow..lol

cool!!! you need to get hold of a copy so we can all come round and bask in your glory!! emoticon

seriously though, i think i speak on behalf of all of us that know you... well done and we are very proud! emoticon

Victoria Howard is off-line
08 June 2009 06:24
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

Very frustrated too, I  feel that my rate or even many of that of other MUA and Body Painters is very reasonable.
Travel, paint, insurance, telephones, tax and kit, add up.
I also know many of us are happy to negotiate and work with tiny budgets at times.
But please pay us something at least!

08 June 2009 08:46
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from duane
cool!!! you need to get hold of a copy so we can all come round and bask in your glory!! emoticon

seriously though, i think i speak on behalf of all of us that know you... well done and we are very proud! emoticon

Awwww thanks Duane and thanks guys....and yaaaay, i have a cd copy of the film...so everyone can see it

08 June 2009 08:49
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from Victoria_Howard
Very frustrated too, I  feel that my rate or even many of that of other MUA and Body Painters is very reasonable.
Travel, paint, insurance, telephones, tax and kit, add up.
I also know many of us are happy to negotiate and work with tiny budgets at times.
But please pay us something at least!

Victoria.....Its like talking to a brick wall im afraid!!! We have soooo got our work cut out. I really try to be patient and reply saying the same thing everytime, but iv decided now to put on my port...not excepting TFP...Bet that wont change a thing!!!emoticon

Duane is off-line
08 June 2009 09:08
duane
Model
duane
Staffordshire
stoke-on-trent

Quote from Secondskin
Victoria.....Its like talking to a brick wall im afraid!!! We have soooo got our work cut out. I really try to be patient and reply saying the same thing everytime, but iv decided now to put on my port...not excepting TFP...Bet that wont change a thing!!!emoticon

it probably wont. the trouble is everyone wants something for free. Just look at the 60's shoot im organising, models and togs are doing it on a TF basis (or working for cakes lol) and there are gonna be around 30 models there.. can either you or victoria imagine being the only MUA on the shoot?! How long would it take you to get through 30 models and how much make-up would that cost you if you did it TF! thats why i said IF we use a few MUA's then we need to pay, its only fair. Not everyone thinks like that though.

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessicaliu1993
clarmike danwar jonnywoo
Charlottealom