Reminder Secure

Why do we even bother??

04 June 2009 15:21
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

this from another thread in model chat, when someone was asking for advice on using latex.

A high gloss black emulsion paint works to give the same effect, and itwashes straight off ;-) They're hard to find, but any good hardwarestore will have some "sample pots" you can test out or order. You canalso add the littlest bit of clear PVA to it for an extra bit of shine,and it still washes off fairly easily.  (plus it doesn't clog poreslike other paints can!)

From a model, maybe well intentioned but ffs, how many times can you tell people if aint aint makeup dont use it

anyway if you cant beat em join em, off down B&Q to top up my kit any one else coming???emoticon

john

Victoria Howard is off-line
05 June 2009 12:17
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

People this silly deserve nasty skin damage.

Tony S is off-line
05 June 2009 12:28
TonyS
Photographer
TonyS
West Sussex
Shoreham By Sea

Quote from MMM_WOW
A high gloss black emulsion paint works to give the same effect, and itwashes straight off ;-) They're hard to find, but any good hardwarestore will have some "sample pots" you can test out or order. You canalso add the littlest bit of clear PVA to it for an extra bit of shine,and it still washes off fairly easily.  (plus it doesn't clog poreslike other paints can!)

Hey cool!!

Thanks for the tip! emoticon

lazeeboy is off-line
05 June 2009 14:05
lazeeboy
Photographer
lazeeboy
West Sussex
Goring-by-Sea

anybody tried tar ?

Claire Shipman is off-line
05 June 2009 15:31
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

I might use paint stripper as a make up remover to save on costs, what a brilliant idea....

Are people really that stupid?

Karen Hegarty is off-line
07 June 2009 04:57
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

OMG this is too funny.....
I agree if people are going to be that stupid then they deserve to suffer the consequences. Claire it seems people really are that stupid!!!! lolemoticon

Dave Laurie is off-line
07 June 2009 05:17
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

I know a Model who went for a paid body-paint shoot, and the "photographer" used emulsion on her. She didn't realize 'til she'd been painted, but the shoot was cancelled as soon as she knew. So the "photographer" ended up paying for the pleasure of painting her, but had no images to prove he'd done it.

I sometimes despair that everything has to be "dumbed down" so it's idiot-proofed for morons, but it's a sad fact that we do have to co-exist with morons.
Never credit all human beings with a level of intelligence, some evidently don't have any.

Dave.

07 June 2009 11:03
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

FOR PETES SAKE!!!emoticonemoticon I cant believe iv wasted my time and energy and money importing the correct body paints when i could have just nipped down to HOMEBASE!!!

Id be interested to know who posted this as iv got a shoot lined up with a bit of creasote and bituman they may be interested in???!?!?!emoticon

one word......STUPIDITY!!! This is our SKIN we are talking about...our largest organ...not some old piece of canvas...Frankly, i find it completely incredible that someone would post such a stupid thread. Id be embarrassed if i were them!!emoticon

07 June 2009 13:25
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

The most annoying thing about it , is that not only did someone post this as advice albeit misplaced and ill-conceived, but some other idiot will take it as advice and go ahead and use it emoticon

to quote Einstein, there are only two things that are infinite, one is the Universe and the other human stupidity, although I am not totally sure about the universe emoticon

john

smudger is off-line
12 June 2009 17:50
coloursthekey
Make-up Artist
coloursthekey
Mid Glamorgan
Cardiff

Gotta say, I loved reading the post when I saw it. Visions of washing it off with petrol and paint stripper. However, I also read another using sharpies and enamel car spray paint.........

I can just see them in A&E ....... 'and you say you got metalflake enamel paint in your foo foo how?' ........
Smudger, and I spill stuff too! Simon

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Robabob11
Andy_B aprilscherz3 cps diphoto john_at_tina_spice Njsphotography photofrank redbaron steaky74 zzdigital