Reminder Secure

Airbrush foundation???

22 May 2009 04:23
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Im thinking of turning to airbrush foundations. Iv seen a few...Sally Hansen...Mac..Iv tried Christian Dior and loved it but i wondered if any of my fellow MUAs know of any others?? The Sally Hansen seems a bit cheap in price to me but hey if it works thats all that matters. I also have an airbrush system of my own so any products available that im not aware of are a welcome suggestion

Id really appreciate any input emoticon

Karen Hegarty is off-line
22 May 2009 07:47
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

I think st. tropez do an airbrush foundation, I have had it done by them before at a training course but was a couple of years ago so don't know if they still do it. It was really lovely finish and long lasting, but for me the expense was a lot as I needed to get the whole airbrush system. If you already have that then you might want to look into these foundations. Hope this helps

Stacy MUA is off-line
22 May 2009 08:07
shartley999
Make-up Artist
shartley999
Lancashire
Burnley

There are a lot of different companies around now that do airbrush foundation so it will be interesting to see who else are rated. 
I use Airbase (airbasemakeup.com) and love it; good coverage, stays on forever and looks good.   There are 5 foundations in the range keeping your kit lighter (as well as your pocket!) but the downside is they don't cater for darker skins yet - I am told they are currently working on this.  It is a relatively new company but the customer service is fantastic and nothing is too much trouble.
Stacy

22 May 2009 08:14
aleshaalex
Model

Being a make up artist myself I have to say I love the Christian Dior one!I think it's the best!

Alesha x

22 May 2009 09:03
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from simplydivine
I think st. tropez do an airbrush foundation, I have had it done by them before at a training course but was a couple of years ago so don't know if they still do it. It was really lovely finish and long lasting, but for me the expense was a lot as I needed to get the whole airbrush system. If you already have that then you might want to look into these foundations. Hope this helps

Thanks hon, i will xx

22 May 2009 09:04
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from shartley999
There are a lot of different companies around now that do airbrush foundation so it will be interesting to see who else are rated. 
I use Airbase (airbasemakeup.com) and love it; good coverage, stays on forever and looks good.   There are 5 foundations in the range keeping your kit lighter (as well as your pocket!) but the downside is they don't cater for darker skins yet - I am told they are currently working on this.  It is a relatively new company but the customer service is fantastic and nothing is too much trouble.
Stacy

THANKS emoticon Gonna look these up!! x

22 May 2009 09:05
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from aleshaalex
Being a make up artist myself I have to say I love the Christian Dior one!I think it's the best! Alesha x

Christian Dior is BRILLIANT but can get very very costly unfortunately. Unless im doing something wrong...lol..i only got 5 applications out of a £30.00 can????

22 May 2009 09:08
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from shartley999
Stacy

Dont suppose you can tell me approximately how many applications you get out of one foundation?? emoticon because these look really good x

22 May 2009 09:40
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Has anyone tried TEMPTU?? Iv heard mixed things about them.

22 May 2009 09:48
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Iv also found a product by 02 ?? anyone used that one???

11 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Livespirit pinklilly Winterlilly
AaronKent guitarman john_at_tina_spice MauricesImagery mlp panda49 Reynard Rhadamanthus