Time delay on mail sent

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
21 May 2009 07:27
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Edit: delay is the wrong word but you'll catch my drift.

Following on from someones rant in the forums, could we have a time function that could be added to outgoing messages so that they self-destruct within a given time period if unread (not Mission Impossible style unfortunately).  eg. no point in the model reading a post about a job next week if she reads it a month later.

An idea of some selectable time scales:

1 day
3 days
1 week
2 weeks
1 month
2 months
6 months
Unlimited
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

24 September 2011 17:50
JimiMohan
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker

Following on from someones rant in the forums, could we have a time function that could be added to outgoing messages so that they self-destruct within a given time period if unread (not Mission Impossible style unfortunately).  eg. no point in the model reading a post about a job next week if she reads it a month later.

1 day

3 days

1 week

2 weeks

1 month

2 months

6 months

Unlimited

+100

Catchlites Glamour is off-lineSilver Member
25 September 2011 03:54
Badger
Photographer
Badger
Somerset
Weston super Mare

Quote from RedChecker

1 day
3 days
1 week
2 weeks
1 month
2 months
6 months
Unlimited

+ 1000

I once got a reply 11 months after I sent the pm, completely forgotten what it was all about, lol.

A wise man changes his mind, a fool, never.

17 August 2012 06:57
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

As a sideline to this suggestion, I still think this time delay / self destruct would be useful
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

17 August 2012 07:08
Brian_Markie
Photographer

Not a bad Idea but I'd personally like to go one further and do the same with profiles be it model, a tog, mua or whoever. I recently spent a period of time unemployed and started random emailing people in my area. It was until i noticed that models hadn't logged on in the previous 3 months quite a lot longer. My opinion would be to auto delete profiles that haven't been active within a specific period. One of the advantages to this would be to prevent wannabe's from setting up an account but with no intention of using the service at all.

17 August 2012 07:09
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Brian_Markie
Not a bad Idea but I'd personally like to go one further and do the same with profiles be it model, a tog, mua or whoever. I recently spent a period of time unemployed and started random emailing people in my area. It was until i noticed that models hadn't logged on in the previous 3 months quite a lot longer. My opinion would be to auto delete profiles that haven't been active within a specific period. One of the advantages to this would be to prevent wannabe's from setting up an account but with no intention of using the service at all.

17 August 2012 07:12
Brian_Markie
Photographer

Kind of take your point but in how many instances would a person have replied to an email but may not have logged on in 8 months!

Paul Hodson is off-line
17 August 2012 07:21
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Brian_Markie
My opinion would be to auto delete profiles that haven't been active within a specific period. One of the advantages to this would be to prevent wannabe's from setting up an account but with no intention of using the service at all.

And before the mods come back and point out that this is a site for hosting portfolios - it's a site for hosting portfolios! They are using the service as you call it.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Anniebabe Winterlilly
AndrewF chandos cliffc djb1 Dphphotography fannmore Gigar72 hylander jezzam johntisbury Kentrichuk Ladiesman mg mike0048 noggy1930 Rhadamanthus Steveh32 talldave68 vapourtrail