Reminder Secure

Make up courses

Steve Guy is off-line
18 May 2009 14:29
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

For years I have been fascinated by the difference make up can make to a face. How different coloured eyeshadow, lipstick, foundation and all that stuff (I'm an old bloke, OK emoticon)  can utterly change a face.

I've never had the courage or opportunity to take up a course on the subject, and that's what I'm asking about here. How can I get into this? I'm not talking about a professional training course, but I am fascinated by being able to change someone's face (hopefully for the better) or to do so in order to portray a mood, or emphasise a particular expression. All of that really.

TheMakeupArtist is off-line
25 May 2009 20:53
TheMakeupArtist
Make-up Artist

London

Hiya! I know what you mean, you're interested in make-up but don't want to take a 3 year full time course and give up your day job right?! I'd highly recommend the school "The Academy of Freelance Make-up". The website is www.aofmakeup.com
They offer different courses that would suit you. The introduction course runs for 6 days full time or you can do a weekend course instead if you prefer. The full course is 3 weeks, 6 days a week and includes hair.
Good luck and welcome to the industry!

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Jessicaliu1993 Lushlolly natpenelope Natural_happy_girl SuzyMonty
antoinewynn bayford dby47 Don_Dark edwards ImageStyle johnmphoto mlp philippahh PhilStorm pvfb scott24 smphotographic stuartnoo Thunder_Photos totalpics TROY4
harbourstudio