Reminder Secure

Quick question for MUA's

17 May 2009 07:45
jmphotos
Photographer

As I haven't yet worked with an MUA but am looking to find one to work with as
a regular thing, I have a quick question to ask

Do MUA's do hair as well as the make up?

Or do I also need to find a hairdresser as well as an MUA?

Thanks for your time
Jeff
Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean there not out to get me!!!

Claire Shipman is off-line
17 May 2009 14:02
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Hi Jeff,

I myself do both and most mua's I know of do basic hair styling nothing too fancy but are capable of most styles. If you want anything elaborate I would suggest an extra hair stylist as some mua's hate doing hair as they like to concentrate on just the make up. Personally I enjoy doing both.

It is down to just asking the chosen mua, if they style hair.

Some mua's will charge extra for this as its usually a lot more work, but some include the basic styles in their rates.

Hope this helps!

Best Wishes,
Claire

17 May 2009 15:05
jmphotos
Photographer

HI Claire

Thanks for that

I supose my next question then is what are the going rates for MUA's with basic hair styles?

What it is I'm after is to offer the everyday house wife a hair & make up pampering session
and then there photo taken, with the possibility of selling them more of the photos
So I need to know what my costs would be before I can work out a price for the Mrs housewife

Thanks
Jeff

Karen Hegarty is off-line
19 May 2009 04:31
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Hi there, Just to repeat Claire's post really. I do some hair styling. I do like to know before the shoot tho so I know what to expect and allow the time for it.
It depends on the shoot as to the charge If I am booked for a certain amount of time (eg 2 hours/ half day /full day ) then everything is included in my rate whether I'm doing make up or hair, touching up make up tweaking hair, changing make up looks , working on 1 model or 2 it doesn't matter to me, I'm just working for an amount of time. I know the kind of thing you are thinking of though, to offer basically a makeover portrait sesson all inclusive, and hopefully the client will want to buy more images on the strength that she looks amazing after the makeover. I do this type of work regularly so if you want to pm me to discuss anything then feel free. Hope it has helped

19 May 2009 12:20
jmphotos
Photographer

Hi ya
You sound exacly the kind of MUA I'm looking for. Unfortunaly you are the other end of the country to me emoticon
But thanks for the info, I just need to find someone closer to me that wants the work

Is there anybody out there....................

Karen Hegarty is off-line
19 May 2009 16:31
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

I Know my thoughts exactly! I would love to have offered but maybe a bit too far, if I can offer any help then mail me, but good luck in finding someone suitable.

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Asian_amy_Latina Cherylsamuel mandymack Teela
apollo99 duncanjames fannmore glamshots Happysnappyj James7799 Kjoservices M4150S mike0048 photomart rscott360 Steveh32 thelook