This thread is being watched by 1 person
Victoria Howard is off-line
12 April 2009 14:29
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

A model (not a newbie either, been modelling long enough to know better), thought it was very funny last night to call me at 7pm and ask me to arrange a body paint session for three models. She agreed my fee, I emphasized that I would have to reorganise half my team as they are mostly all working in events or with their families over the east period to start at 10am Sunday morning.

I reconfirmed this at 9pm (just in case she had changed her mind!) we talk about colors and body shape shoot is definitely on.  Myself and my team worked late into the night preparing drawings and gathering last minute supplies (I had a event that morning that I had to work at, but I still made the effort getting everything in order) The morning of the shoot...phone off no show and didn't even have the grace to cancel!

I was left very tired for no reason and having to pay my assistants cancellations fees. I also disturbed a number of people over the holiday period late evening asking if they could help ect

Finally I contact the photographer whom she is meant to be working with, he explains to me that the other models flacked out on her late at night and instead of letting me know or asking for a reduced fee as there was not only her self. She just did the cowardly thing and ignored me.

If there any MUA within the East Midlands whom want this models name please contact me!

Natalie E is off-linePlatinum Member
12 April 2009 18:58
The_Brilliant_Brunette
Model
The_Brilliant_Brunette
Derbyshire
Derby

Name and shame and send her an invoice
www.natalieedgeedwards.com

12 April 2009 19:07
Bulkina
Photographer

Put her some "nice" feedback...
And really sorry to hear that
See legs? Those are mine!:P

Claire Shipman is off-line
13 April 2009 05:53
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Hi Victoria,

I would like to know who this is please, so I can avoid.

Many Thanks
Claire

13 April 2009 05:55
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Unfortunately as bodypainters we suffer so much more from a no show as we have already done all the graft...stuff that goes on in the background like sourcing materials, paints...doing designs. Losing money AND our time.

DEFINATELY NAME AND SHAME!!!! As this type of thing needs highlighting. Bring attention to the amount of work you have had to do and all gone to waste. What is it that makes this model think.....' Oh dear, no one is showing up, just to make it better il bury my head and leave everyone hanging' ?????????  SO UNPROFESSIONAL AND SO RUDE!!!! emoticon

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
13 April 2009 06:06
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

I'd like to know please.  I had a coaching session booked in London for yesterday, had a text at twenty to 11 on Saturday night cancelling it, even though I'd rejigged my diary to accommodate.  I don't really mind the cancellation but it's the attitude that Allinthemind is a naughty person es me off, as if, "ah well".   It's not "ah well" it's bloody frustrating and costly.

Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

Karen Hegarty is off-line
13 April 2009 06:18
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Hey Victoria, I want to know who , as I would travel if someone contacted me for paid work but not this time waster!
It's soooo bloody annoying, models who NO SHOW do not realise the effort put in before a shoot. More so If we are body painting, but even prior to a shoot there is work involved just as an MUA, replenishing kit, buying in lashes or hair pieces maybe, specific make up items needed that are not regular in kit, I also do research for particular looks to give models or togs some ideas of MU looks, not to mention we might have re scheduled diaries to accommodate , arranged child minding, turned down other work etc, they think it's no big deal to no show, and not to call and apologise is just down right bad manners.

Claire Shipman is off-line
15 April 2009 09:43
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Thanks for the mail Victoria.

emoticon

EDIT - My mistake its a girl who is very similar to her not this one.

Sammyj is off-line
16 April 2009 12:47
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Hi I would like to know her name
 i can't stand time, money, effort and happiness wasters

XX samantha XX
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

Lisa Wright is off-line
25 April 2009 11:51
Lisaspfxartist
Make-up Artist

Lancashire
Manchester

Hi

The same thing happened to me, I had a model booked for last Monday morning which we confirmed in January. I kept in regular contact from that time until now & then the night before she had her phone turned off. I sent messages to her through inbox, voicemail & text and no reply.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Crowlex Lusciousabi29 stevepm Sxcemma123
abouncer android_man antoinewynn big_err clarmike Davebu david1500 dby47 eosfan glamorphotos hodgen kaosrox Kjoservices laurencejpower MAMAMIYA MIB Phiesta1 PhotoSpyroS rdp redbaron rtmphoto steveh32 WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
wendyanne