What colours to use on my eyes???

Shannon-Jay Newell is off-line
23 March 2009 11:46
10shaz10
Model
10shaz10
County Durham
Bishop Auckland

Hi there i am sick of using the same make up on me. I am not brilliant at make up lol...I have blue eyes and would like to know what colours would bring out my eyes the best and how to apply them...Please do not tell me to book a MUA and find out because i can not afford it and i would like to learn to do it myself for when i go out..

Thanks

x

Jennifer Kendrick is off-line
23 March 2009 12:02
JenniferKendrick
Model
JenniferKendrick
West Midlands
Birmingham

Brown, bronze and gold are usually brilliant for green / blue eyes.

I'm no expert though, you should google it, always works lol x
Baby due on 15th December 2009

Karen Hegarty is off-line
24 March 2009 05:40
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

[qt...Please do not tell me to book a MUA and find out because i can not afford it and i would like to learn to do it myself for when i go out..

Thanks

x

Well unfortunately that is the best advise
It is really quite difficult to explain application techniques to someone by text especially if you don't have a flair for make up application anyway. That why professional MUA's train extensively to do what we do. But Jennifer is right about the colours if you want to play around and experiment with them, they are great for blue eyes.
good luck
Karen

Victoria Howard is off-line
29 March 2009 17:49
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

A good MUA is money well spent. You will look better in shoots and earn more money.

Find a local MUA who is willing to teach you to do your own make up?

Warm golden shimmery brown would look pretty. 

29 March 2009 18:01
blueraven
Model

Gold shades look nice on blue eyes.  If you want to develop your make up tips without an MUA (and an MUA is the best way to learn if your not so good at it but you did say you didn't want to do this) then search Youtube... there are alot of people on there who do demonstration videos for makeup.  If you go to places like boots and selfridges aswell there makeup staff will often give you some tips, they do generally expect you to buy but if you go in and ask for some advice on colours and techniques then I'm sure they will help you for the price of an eyeshadow compact. emoticon

I personally find that the best way to learn is just to experiment.  x
Alternative, versatile model available for various shoots.

0 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators